Can't get 5.1 speakers to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have a gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard but I have a problem. I can't get the 5.1 to work. I don't know what to do. I have tried everthing. My dvd players are brand new so I know that they are compatible with 5.1. Is anyone familiar with this board? I have done the test on the speakers and they all work with the test signal the computer puts out. I only get the front two to work. Help.

the K8NS Pro supports 7.1 sound, so it's not hardware

go to control panel, go to "sound, speech and audio devices" then "sounds and audio devices"

go to advanced (bottom one) and in the list select 5.1 skeakers

Please note, you can have the alternative of using front audio connector or of using rear audio connector to play sound.
This is what I found in the manual in small print. Do you take this as not being able to use the rears if the front mic and headphone ports are used?????????????///:mad:

I unhooked the ones going to the front ports but I still can only get the two front speakers to work. I have all the settings possible set at 6 channel for 5/1 surround but it won't go. I contacted gigabyte but they don't seem to know what the heck is going on. They say in order to get 5.1 I need some other piece of equipment. In the manual though and on their site it said that with that motherboard I would have 5.1.:angry: When I do a speaker test sound all the speakers work. When I play a movie or music- just STEREO.

I have all three colored wires hooked up in the back. I said when I do a sound test they all work. Everyone of them make a sound when the picture shows the speakers making the sound. Something isn't right. I don't know what other settings to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom