Cannot stream audio/video

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepikaar

Beta member
Hello.. I have a PC that runs Win XP and I used to be able to stream audio/video like trailers from Yahoo! Movies, etc.
But now I get the "RunTime Error, Type Unspeciafied - Do u wanna debug?" message.

I have problems with sites that open a window that has the player embedded in them. The sites that launch the PC's windows media player work fine. I don't think I lack any codecs becos it was working fine earlier. I am not behind any firewalls and I have the latest windows media player. The strange part is, I was able to hear music from a site for a few days recently and then it stopped, gave me this message again. Hope I made the problem clear.

Thanks in advance.

I'm running MS Vista on my Toshiba Satellite since last July and have never been able to consistently stream either audio or video. Videos stop every three or four seconds, then restart, then ultimately stop altogether. Audios stop to rebuffer, over and over again.

My cable company wants to blame the ethernet port on the computer, but audio and video stream perfectly at the Geeks counter at Best Buy. No problem, of course, playing music or files from my hard drive. The difficulty surfaces only when attempting to stream from a website.

Any thoughts on the possible culprit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom