Can you guys recommend me a good camera under 120 dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place......

I am trying to look for the best bang for the buck

(if its not worth it to buy a camera of 120, let me know I can increase my budget though I don't want to do that.)

okay just bought a kodak z712is it is an amazing camera. i bouht it for like $109 on ebay directly from kodak. the only bad thing is that it run's from AA batteries and the battery life is pretty bad. but the pictures are better than most digital camera's.

Thanks guys, I was hoping base on experience you could leen me towards one.

Cause bad battery is just a clear no no, But ill check out that megapixel website

Where can I check reviews by budget?

Say, I just want to find the best camera at under 120 bucks

Well, if your simply looking for the best for 120, i'd have to know what your taking pictures for, like, snap shots? family events etc?

I'm partial to the powershot series, samsungs and nikon's. The SD cards they use are pretty cheap to begin with and most of your computers use a media drive to connect mostly any card to your PC in the first place.

Are you reprinting the pictures? Do you need a lot of megapixels? I mean, if your not going to print any 'large' pictures, I'd say anything within the five and seven megapixel range. There are so many camera's that are really cheap and high in megapixel's it's hard to narrow down to one.

Canon powershot's, based on the series can be a little expensive:
Newegg.com - Canon PowerShot A590 IS Black 8.0 MP 2.5" 115K LCD 4X Optical Zoom Digital Camera
Like this one is pretty good for the optical zoom and megapixel's,this nikon is smaller but reduced zoom: Newegg.com - Nikon CoolPix L18 Navy 8.0 MP 3.0" 230K LCD 3X Optical Zoom Digital Camera
here is another compact a little over 120:
Newegg.com - Panasonic DMC-LS70S Silver 7.2 MP 2.0" 86K LCD 3X Optical Zoom Digital Camera

So there you have it, from your price range it looks like you'll have one or two choices of camera, high megapixel, small/compact along with AA batteries. The li-on batteries are a real pay off in the future and typically easier to replace.

you can get a samsung for 80 bucks at circuit city this week. it isn't the best camera around but its cheap. its a 8mp camera, 3x optical zoom, and comes in blue/pink/green :)

haha. thing is it runs on regular double a's so it gets shittacular battery life but just spend like 20 on rechargable's and you'll be fine..

I have a samsung s50 which retailed for about $140 a couple years ago, i paid about $120 for it and it takes decent pics.

regular batteries, but thats why they make rechargable ni-mh.

The real question you need to be asking is what kind of pictures you will be taking. Cameras are not setup for best bang for buck. They are setup for specific purposes.

Take a SLR. That is for nature and zoom.

The mini digital cameras you see now are mainly for closeup stuff. Not anything at a distance.

So really you have to know what kind of pics you will be taken. We have 2 digital camers here. 1 Fujifilm Finepix for things like taking pics of our baby and cat. Then we have a Kodak mini SLR. Just like this one.

Kodak - EasyShare 10.7-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - Z1015 IS

This is the one the wife uses when she wants nature pictures or when she was out of town in Colorado recently to take pics of Pike's Peak and all that stuff.

So really you have to know what purpose you want for the camera to know what type to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom