can i cut the wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRHottie13

Beta member
i got logitech computer speakers, my question is, the rear one do not reach the back walls and can i cut the wire and add speaker wire to extend the length thanks

i suppose so, just try and use RCA wire. and dont go over like 20 feet or something like that...

may a more experienced member add-on?

Hello,

I agree :D.

You can go and cut the wire and do a DIY extension, but I wouldn't go cutting into the wire :eek:. Instead, all you need is an mono RCA extension cable, like this one here:

10r1012kb1.jpg

Specifically, this is a mono RCA male to female cable. You can get some RCA extension cables which are male to male, which come with a male to female RCA adapter (especially on eBay). In which case, they'll look like this:

c81bon0.jpg

...You can see the male to female RCA adapter on the right. You can also buy RCA adapters by themselves, which is convenient if you happen to buy a male to male RCA cable.

You don't have to purchase a mono RCA extension cable. If it's cheaper and more easily obtainable, you could just buy a stereo RCA extension cable, and just use either the left or right RCA connections instead:

03172.jpg

Best place to buy one is on the Internet. Cheap and easy to find.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks alot for your reply. I ended up cutting the wire anyways and it actually ended up working really well! It was very scary to cut that brand new wire tho! lol. Well thanks anyways for your input and best of luck to you! -Erica:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom