Can I...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
instrument cables are 1/4".....if there's a 1/4" input on the sound card you can. if it's 1/8" input, just get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor.

So that won't damage anything? I mean, I have it hooked up to a multi-effects pedal too...how low should I keep the volume?

it won't damage anything. volume depends on how it sounds on the computer end. you want it to be loud enough to hear obviously, but not so loud that it distorts the sound.

well, obviously dont put it through an amp, and then into the computer. that would break the soundcard.

no you could do that, it just never sounds that good. does your multifx pedal have mic modeling? some you can set to sound like its coming through an amp that's mic'ed. so then you can just record direct from the pedal and it sounds pretty good.

lots of times recording direct sounds too digital....

i thought it breaks the card, if you put too much power through the input jacks?

joshd said:
i thought it breaks the card, if you put too much power through the input jacks?

Well I think most amps and pedals have non powered outputs. If you used the output that is made for powering a cabinent or sending power to a pre-amp then it would probably fry the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom