Camcorder to usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAM_7154

In Runtime
What do I need to go from my camcorder to my pc?
Camcorder has 1 black and 1 yellow av output, can I go from those to usb? If so, how cheap can I get that cable?

It is very likely that you have a firewire port on your camcorder. This is a very tiny socket. To find it try looking at the manual. If your pc has firewire then this is by far a much better way to connect pc to camcorder, giving you the highest quality possible when you transfer your footage. Also firewire can give you control of your camcorder from the pc, a handy function. These cables are as little as £5 (10 USD) and dont worry about an expensive cable. They all give the same quality.
As far as I know going via USB is a no no. You would neet to go in through your graphics or video card (usually a socket at the back of the pc) .
Are the black and yellow sockets labelled? are there any other sockets like S-video?

No, I dont have firewire thats the problem. Im assuming the yellow is vid out, there is also a composite video jack. Do I need a video capture card?

Well i had a quick look at your g/card specs and it doesnt seem to have a 'video in' facility. So yes you will need a different video card. What camcorder do you have?
You may be find this link usefull, http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/

You could get either a card or a cable that accepts composite in but that would be more difficult than firewire. I remember that I tried to hook up a camcorder through USB, but without success.

Firewire is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom