Cakewalk Music Creator Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleluia

Beta member
Originally we had problems with drivers when trying to record through a mic (using a Soundblaster Audigy2 card and Cakewalk Music Creator 2003). The recording would stop after a few seconds (as if information overload). By changing the settings, we managed to get it to work most of the time (still stops sometimes! any clues?). But the weird problem we have now is when we record onto computer and make into .wav file, playback is perfect. But when we burn it onto CD, there are areas with loud distortion (at higher pitch notes). We tried turning down the input levels (and made sure input meters were well out of the red) but still no change on CD after burning. Any ideas?

Cakewalk is a bitch. I use Cubase VST. Good proggie. Even Cool Edit Pro has come a long way. I have nothing but problems with Cakewalk though.

alleluia, please ignore the above. Many good software packages are "bashed" because people are too lazy to read the manual or spend any time really figuring them out.

I've only had Creator since Christmas, but LOVE it! I record guitar, vocals and backups and have had a wonderful time with it. Hang in there and experiment.

Did you check the volume setting on your record device (probably the "What you hear" option)? If it is set very high (above 75%) it can produce some nasty results. A professional audio tech who gives me occasional advice says whenever things get above that you need to find some way to balance it out. Something else may be too low, forcing you to overcompesate somewhere else. Generally, keep it at three quarters or LOWER.

Happy recording

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom