Cable TV on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvmaniac

Beta member
Alright guys, I just got a little hand me down that works pretty well. Its an external USB TV Tuner. I use Cox Cable as my provider and we have digital cable in the house, however, I can't get above channel 20 on the TV tuner. With the boxes you get all the way up to 999, obviously with just the movie packages that we pay for. Anyone know a way to get at least normal cable (channels 1-70). I am really not interested in anything above that since we have a DVR. I just wanted to record regular cable onto my computer so I can save episodes of whatever I want in good quality. Anyone know a way? Or perhaps a way to extract the saved shows on the DVR? Windows and Linux suggestions are very very welcome please. Thanks alot for any input you can give me.

You have to use the output coaxial on the back of the digital cable box. The cable through your house is 2.4GHZ and normal cable is 900MHZ. You need to connect the output coaxial connection from your cable box to your TV Tuner.

Good Luck!

Unfortunately that isn't an option. If I wanted a box, I would get one and install in with my TV in my room. Is there no way to simulate the box from my computer?

most likely not... You could always try an antenna to pick up over the air signals for more channel selection... Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom