Buzzing through speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the more you talk the stupider you sound.

svm is a noise gate/ compressor limiter. it doesn't really have a place in this conversation. don't add anything else stupid because I really don't feel like explaining the whole mess as it is complicated to explain to somebody who don't know what it really is

you really need to stfu. the problem is you don't know how not to let the creative software hijack your computer. I do know how not to let it hijack mine. the software is dormant until I want to surface

And you haven't bothered to even listen to one word said. :rolleyes: When twin4819 does have a chance to respond we can find out when the card was bought before or after Vista's release.

As for disabling the volume control panel as well as any other Creative features the option to not load that is seen at the top of the sys tray icon if you actually looked at the previously posted screen shot. You can also disable all Creative items in the msconfig utility something you apparently don't know about there. :rolleyes:

The screen shots you posted are for cards bought in 2006 not since Vista's release in January with cd mute option in the mixer seen. That's real facts. As far as any buzzing sound that is due to the X-Fi's amplification of signal coming from the audio processing chip on an additional hardware like tv tunser card,

Switching off the SVM solved everything on both the Xtreme Audio and Gamer models here fast since both now see the Vista ready software package. The one thing you still can't seem to understand.

the more you talk, the stupider you become. you are the one with the listening problem. you are so stuck on being right that you keep missing the point

let me find my boxes for my x-fi's. dam I got 2 of them. I bought one 3 months ago and one this month. I refuse to use bloatware. I did use those entertainment control panels at them at first, then they bored me so I didn't install them on the reinstall. so I installed only the drivers.

I pick the reinstall driver option in device manager. I then head to daaaaaa. driiiiiivvvvveeeerrrrr inf file.

this method installs only the driver and windows coooooooonnnntroooooooollllls everything else. dummy, window mixer will alway include a cd audio volume because it was built in every version of xp ever made. you keep missing that fact that I didn't install the software for the x-fi, just the drivers. I don't have the x-fi mixer console as I don't need it

what going to be your excuse next time? you tried to say that I didn't have an x-fi earlier. you were proven wrong. now you are trying to make it a year issue with the card.

go back under your rock

And you haven't bothered to even listen to one word said. :rolleyes: When twin4819 does have a chance to respond we can find out when the card was bought before or after Vista's release.

As for disabling the volume control panel as well as any other Creative features the option to not load that is seen at the top of the sys tray icon if you actually looked at the previously posted screen shot. You can also disable all Creative items in the msconfig utility something you apparently don't know about there. :rolleyes:

The screen shots you posted are for cards bought in 2006 not since Vista's release in January with cd mute option in the mixer seen. That's real facts. As far as any buzzing sound that is due to the X-Fi's amplification of signal coming from the audio processing chip on an additional hardware like tv tunser card,

Switching off the SVM solved everything on both the Xtreme Audio and Gamer models here fast since both now see the Vista ready software package. The one thing you still can't seem to understand.

while we are on the subject of stupid, this would be a software issue, not a hardware one so years would be irrelevant.

I guess you miss the fact vista doesn't use hardware acceleration, so xp with an x-fi card is a superior option than vista with one.

while we are on the subject of stupid, this would be a software issue, not a hardware one so years would be irrelevant.

I guess you miss the fact vista doesn't use hardware acceleration, so xp with an x-fi card is a superior option than vista with one.

You seem to fall into that catagory no doubt. :rolleyes: Of course you wouldn't know I run both versions of Windows here on one machine.

The one main difference between XP and Vista as far as Creative is concerned is simply OpenAL over EAX with that now syntheiszed in the new version for the special audio effects.

You seem to fall into that catagory no doubt. :rolleyes: Of course you wouldn't know I run both versions of Windows here on one machine.

The one main difference between XP and Vista as far as Creative is concerned is simply OpenAL over EAX with that now syntheiszed in the new version for the special audio effects.

open al is something creative made to overcome the fact that vista doesn't support hardware acceleration.

vista and creative have been in a big fight as vista tried to change the sound specification (which it really can't do). they are really trying to make the money that the sound card makers are making and phase them out

most stuff can't support openal either

My SVM has been off since I bought it..I got this card in July 2006. I CD Audio is muted and its still buzzing. I'm startin to lean toward the power supply with you guys...Ill be buying a new one christmas probably. Just confuses me that it worked fine on my friends computer and it buzzes on mine. But he did have onboard sound. Realtek I think.

Do you have a tv tuner, video capture, or any other pci/usb audio device in use? The X-Fi cards pick up and amplify sound from other devices with audio chips. Switching the SVM off worked in both XP and Vista alike here tracing the buzzing to the tuner card installed.

Even with the entire mixer muted the buzzing heard with the SVM switched on is due to the increased amplification of the tuner card here. That was put to the test on both versions where the XP side does have the cd player option while the Vista side doesn't. It still made no difference as the image shows the comparison I was trying to make earlier.

just buy a new different power supply. if that doesn't work, take it back to the store

you can also try moving the card to another pci slot.

Nope the only cards I have in are a 7900GT, Ethernet, and the Creative X-Fi.

But yeah at Christmas ill try a new PSU and see what happens cause it's just weird. :S

Moving older SB models on XP systems from the first to second or third pci slot was seen often due to XP's resource sharing being the main cause. That was often the case with the older AGP not PCI-Express boards prior to SP2 coming out.

The one other thing found when disabling all items on the mixer is muting the wav adjustment will mute input from the tuner card while it made no difference in Vista if all were muted. If you don't have something like a tuner card there or any other external input then the supply would be the last thing on the list.

Is that onboard or an addon ethernet with fax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom