Burning SRT and AVI files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charos

Beta member
OK, I have a few friends over here who've come from Mexico, one of them speaks English and Spanish and so translates by and large what everyone is saying. I was going to toss a few movies on at some point but many of the ones I have don't carry Spanish subs or dubs so it really wouldn't work (he'd have to talk through the entire movie). So what I was going to do is pull a rip from one of the DVD's I have, and then convert it to an AVI and burn it along with an SRT file (it's basically a file format that goes with many files to add subtitles). My problem is, I have NO clue how to go about actually burning the video AND the subtitles onto the same movie. Anyone have any ideas on how I could manage this? Any help appreciated

Hello,

You would need Convertxtodvd. It has a option to burn AVI files to DVD and a option to use external subtitles. How it is done exactly i do not know. I know you can select the subtitle file and have it burn with the movie but i have never created a subtitle file myself let alone how to get it in sync with the movie.

Best bet. Ask at teh Convertx forums.

Cheers,
Mak

I've done this before on CXD
so here is how

2dm5iir.jpg

Thank-you very much, didn't even realize there was a program specifically for this :) very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom