burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
i have a burning problem issue,i have a dell 1545 which has 2 prcessors and video card,when i got it it would do movies extremly fast,for example i done a movie that lasts 1hr 48mins in 48 mins,but still lasts 1hr 48mins on screen,recently i had a registry error,and i done a reinstall from the partition e/drive which restores factory settings,i done that movie again and it took 3 hrs this time with nero8,in device manager all is fine,could someone please tell me what the problem is.
thank you in advance

Again it is NOT 2 Processors. It is a DUAL CORE Processor. I have already explained all of this to you in your last thread about this issue.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/burning-media-issues-197356/

Video conversion will not always take a set amount of time. 1 time it can be 5 minutes the next time it can take 5 hours.

If you are using the PC at all during the process you will extend it. As i explained previously it is a CPU dependent process. So if you are using the PC for anything else at the time you are taking CPU cycles away from the conversion.

i know that mak but i am doing nothing with the computer mate, not even got the ethernet cable plugged in,i have also tried convetx its the same amount of time,which leads me to think its the computer,i have tried another movie with both softwares and took 4hrs,and the movie was only 1hr 50mins long,if you have any ideas what is going wrong any at all would love to hear them.
thank you in advance

As i said in my previous post you can not take the previous time and think you will get that time everytime. That is not going to happen.

You use this PC on the internet right? You have installed and removed software on it right?

Everything affects the PC. Removing software can leave registry entries behind, there could be processes running in the background for your virus scanner, you could have spyware, malware or a virus. It could simply be that the conversion is just taking longer.

To try and narrow it down with knowing you have a Dual Core CPU and that the first time you did it took 48 minutes and now it is taking 4 hours is not going to get any answers.

Have you gone thru Osiris's Guide? I see you keep talking about reinstalling XP, IS Vista going that slow for you without converting? Cause if it is then there is part of the problem.

How much RAM is in the system? 1GB, 2GB?

We know nothing about your setup and we cant begin to guess why it is taking longer other than to say your are either infected or something is wrong with your machine. Which you already figured as much.

no vista is pretty fast,mate i have 3gb ram,dont know what the orisis guide is going to google it mate,i was thinking it maybe a windows update i have installed,i have only installed important updates,or thinking the same way as you but i did a boot scan with avast yesterday after my fresh install and got nothing,i know there is a worm affecting the country just now,maybe i have got that but you would think avast would pick that up

[Sun Jan 25 18:06:58 2009]
Self-test 1024K passed!
Self-test 1024K passed!
[Sun Jan 25 18:13:17 2009]
Compare your results to other computers at Benchmarks - PrimeNet
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed: 1994.93 MHz, 2 cores
CPU features: RDTSC, CMOV, Prefetch, MMX, SSE, SSE2
L1 cache size: 32 KB
L2 cache size: 2 MB
L1 cache line size: 64 bytes
L2 cache line size: 64 bytes
TLBS: 256
Prime95 32-bit version 25.9, RdtscTiming=1 dont know if this will give you guys a better idea of whats happening,i was in hardware section of the site and seen prime 95 test,but i didn't let it run to long,as i dont know what i am doing also i didn't know that registry parts can be left behind when you do a reinstall,your a whizkid,i sorted 278 problems in the registry,but cant get rid of 3 of them 2 refer to dell webpages and one to my epson printer,i dont think they are much to worry about

You should listen to mak213. He really does know what he's talking about. I do agree with mak213 the time to burn a DVD can vary every time you burn because of the processes that are running in the background.

If it's a converting problem (preparing the video file BEFORE it starts burning) that is taking a long time, it could be background tasks. Pull up Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape) and check how much CPU Usage is going on and what processes in the list are using the most CPU (ignore "System Idle Process", that is the unused CPU time). Check it before, during, and after you burn. Also check when your DVD drive actually spins up and starts burning the disc (you'll hear it when it does). If it's an issue where it is burning the data to the DVD slowly, this can happen if you use lower quality recordable DVD's, some discs cannot be written as fast as others. Try setting the Speed up higher on the burn options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom