Burning DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaireVoyant

Beta member
I've got a Toshiba Satellite 2455-s305 laptop with DVD drive. It plays DVDs with no problem. When I try and burn a DVD to a blank disk, it tells me there is no disk in the drive. I have tried 2 or 3 different types of blank DVDs to no avail. Using Nero 6.0, but have tried other burning programs. All come up with the same "no disk in drive". Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

Regular DVD-rom drives can't burn Dvd's.. (Ignore this if you knew that.) You'll need a dvd burner for that job.

If it is in fact a DVD burner, then see what kind of discs you need, i dont have a DVD burner but i heard that depending on what kind of burner it is, determines the type of blank DVD discs you can use.

OK, I may be a bit confused here, but here is what I have. When I check system, it tells me I have a DVD-Rom listed for 1 drive and then a CD/DVD-ROM listed for a 2nd drive. the first drive supports write features for DVDs, so I would assume that it should be able to burn them.

no you can't burn DVDs. you need a DVD-Recorder or DVD-ReWritable. the DVD-ReadOnlyMemory will only read DVD's. sorry man....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom