Burned DVD won't play in set top

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Maddock

Beta member
Hello. I am new to the DVD world and have just begun to burn my own. At first I couldn't figure out how to rip a DVD to computer, to burn it back onto a DVD, thus copying it. I got figured out, then realized that I had crap media and I couldn't burn to the discs. So I bought better media.

Now my problem is, none of my DVD's will play in my set top player. I have confirmed that my set top is capable of playing burned discs, by playing someone elses burned disc. I have also confirmed that my problem isn't due to encoded material on the disc, because the last time I burned a very long AVI file to the disc, in DVD-Video mode of course. But my set top still won't play them, while my computer will.

Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

By the way, I am using Prodisc media. I am using Nero 7, and I have a brand new Emprex writer.

You made sure that the media you used to test his was the same as yours right? Say for example his was a +R and yours is as well. If your basing it on the fact that they are burned alone then make sure you are both using the same type of DVD media.

Be aware ,there are different formats of disk writing as well, for example, there is AVI, and MPEG formats etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom