breakout box

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
you know the breakout box on the audigy 2 zs platinum pro? is it possible to buy that as a separate part, and would it work with a regular audigy 2 zs. (non platinum)

it would be nice to have easy to access volume controls, and a remote control would be useful as well. i think it also gives some midi ports, which may be useful with my electric drums.

The volume controls are for the headphone out and the mic in volume. I have one, it's only been useful for headphones and optical out so far...

on the pins at the top? the "AD_EXT" ones?

and you are sure this is for the breakout box, not the drive bay thing...

would i need to install platinum drivers, or would it "just work"?

lastly, any ideas where i could buy one? i have googled, and havent found anything.

joshd said:
on the pins at the top? the "AD_EXT" ones?

and you are sure this is for the breakout box, not the drive bay thing...

would i need to install platinum drivers, or would it "just work"?

lastly, any ideas where i could buy one? i have googled, and havent found anything.

ebay

I don't remember about the drivers. I do know that you need the cd drivers

hmm... after looking at the zs platinums, they seem to have the drive thing, however my friend had an actual box...

maybe there was a platinum "pro" edition or something? all the audigys have pretty much diappeared from the creative site. **** X-Fis. i will be sticking with my ZS at least until next gen after X-Fi.

EDIT: yea, there was one, it is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUND-BLASTER...oryZ3701QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it seems it connects through a special port on the back. i think i am out of luck then, as i have no room for a drive one.

Thats the Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor, or the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. They both had external things. What's wrong with the drive? The drive one uses a ribbon cable like an IDE cable but with some pines and holes missing.

And yeah, @#$% X-Fi. No Linux support = no me.

well the thing with the drive is that i dont have any free bays. i could always have it just stuck on top of the computer, on its own though. how long is the ribbon cable?

joshd said:
well the thing with the drive is that i dont have any free bays. i could always have it just stuck on top of the computer, on its own though. how long is the ribbon cable?

I have one laying around here

yea... i have decided it would be a bit of a waste of money/effort really. i am not sure quite how much use i would actually get out of it is the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom