Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTrap347

Beta member
Hi! I just installed a new mother board and cpu. Its an ECS 755-A2 mother board with a 3200+ AMD Sempron/64-bit CPU. It's not the best, but i was trying to save money.

Before, I had a soyo and a 2800+ AMD Athlon XP and i had the Sound Blaster Live 5.1. Now with this ECS mb, the sound card doesn't get detected anymore, even in device manager. I downloaded the new driver for the Sound Blaster Live 5.1 from their official website and when I came to install it... it said that there were no Sound Blaster cards detected on my computer even though it was securely pushed in IN a pci slot!!

Then I decided that I don't need sound blaster so i installed the driver for the integrated sound card on my mb (realtek AC-97) and everything LOOKS fine according to their program and the control panel (sound and audio options) but i dont receive any sound from anything at all. I was planning on buying a NEW sound card but then i decided to test this Sound Blaster Live 5.1 on my bro's computer. Ironically, it was detected on his 1.2 ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird and now i'm puzzled as why it wasn't detected on mine.

What solutions have I tried?

I installed numerous drivers for both the sound blaster and the integrated sound card repeatedly and there wasn't any hope.

I re-installed the OS twice (I'm willing to do a third though)

I don't know what else I can try.. can anyone help and please don't say the mother board :[?

Specs:
3200+ AMD Sempron/64-Bit CPU (2.2 ghz)
ECS Elite Group 755-A2 Motherboard
512 DDR Ram
Geforce 4 Ti4200 Video Card

this probably doesn't help much but have u tried a different pci slot?
U seemed to have tried everything else... U might also check the bios, somehow it may be disabled...

good luck

I have an ECS board also. I also have the SB Live! and it won't work in mine either. Maybe its a retarded ECS thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom