BOSE Speakers not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psy22

Solid State Member
Hi All... First post, good to be here... (Well not really, because I have a problem)...

I barely understand most computer stuff, so please don't reply with a bunch of acronyms... Thanks

I have 2 ASUS computers, and a set of Logitech speakers that work, and 2 sets of BOSE companion 2 that don't work...

The Logitech has an audio plug and a USB plug... The Bose only have the audio plug...

When I plug in the Logitech, the sounds panel says Z-10 USB speaker... When I plug in the Bose, it says No Audio Device...

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Thanks... There is a yellow mark on Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus... So I disabled it, and rebooted... It finds it on startup, but doesn't find the driver...

I searched on google, and It led me to Driver Robot, with the convenience of paying $30 to Microsoft for the pleasure of updating drivers they should provide for free :very_angry::very_angry::very_angry:

So do you know where I can get free drivers???

By the way, I am running windows Xp Service package 3, and it is up to date

Thanks

Don't pay any money there really shouldn't be any need. It's not MS who should provide drivers though, it's the equipment manufacturer. You will need to find the driver for your sound card if you want to post the make and model of your PC we can look it up for you. Oh and re-enable your sound card as well.

Ok, well both are custom built computers, and all I have is the Motherboard models, but here they are... Both ASUS

A8N-SLI PREMIUM

M4A78 PRO

I tried to navigate ASUS' website, but it's seriously cluttered, at least for someone with my basic knowledge

I tried to find drivers on my SP1, SP2, and SP3 disks because that's all I have... There is no recovery disks because they are custom...

Do you not have the driver disks for the mobos? I take it that you did not build them yourself but I don't know why the person who did build them for you didn't install the motherboard drivers and sisn't give you the disks for them.

Ok thanks, It's making me download a manager or something, but I'll do anything at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom