Bose speakers not sounding right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have a Bose wave system connected to my computer, and the only problem is when I play songs that have parts of the song, that go left to right or right to left. On other speakers and headphones the songs play fine. Sometimes in a song it would play one part, but you can't hear the background or the other part when playing it through the bose. How can I fix this?

Where do I go to set these properties, because what you said wasn't very clear. Also I'm using onboard sound, no sound card.

I set it to those settings and it still didn't solve the problem, and I'm using onboard audio. I don't have a sound card. Oh and the bose system I have is not a surround system with 5 speakers and stuff...it's a stereo.

So it's two speakers? Then try 2.1 i guess??

Anyway you shouldnt be using onboard anyway as it is inferior to your possibly expensive bose stereo. You can get sound cards for cheap.

I am not really clear on your problem, so some things are queit? Then fiddle around with the settings like the amount of channels, I dont know what would be a good set for a stereo because they are so different.

You know what... does your onboard support how ever many channels you have?

I don't know how to tell. And if I should get a sound card would you recommend a cheap one that would help me? Also I don't see a 2.1 option in the list from the sound properties, I only see 5.1 and 7.1, but I doubt my onboard sound supports that. Another thing, when I'm watching a movie or any video I find that the voices of the people is low and the music is loud.

How would this do?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102003

Yes, that sound card is the best cheap card you can get. It will help, but the loud problem is called bass. Onboard solutions are awful at managing anything. Ususually bass drowns out diaglouge, even wif my cheaper speakers, its a lot of times too loud to hear them talk sorta. Yet, even if the soundcard does not help u, it is good to have anyway, especially for movies, the difference is noticable.

Also so I find it STRANGE that there is NO option for "Desktop Stereo speakers." Because you are not hearing everything because you have it either on 5.1 or 7.1 which the movies try to play channels that do not exixsit with a stereo peice. So try "desktop stereo speakers" option.

The bose system is not 5.1 or 2.1, it is just stereo (two speakers, left and right).

Check to make sure the cable you are using is a STEREO cable, and not mono. If it is stereo, it will have TWO black lines on the tip. If it has one, then it is mono.

I have two composite wires that go from the AUX IN of the Bose into a Y-adaptor connected to the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom