Bose MediaMate No Sound Win 8

suaibsech

Beta member
I have windows 8.1 64bit. Sound card is working with both headphones and logitech speakers. However My Bose MediaMate Speakers get no sound....
In device manage I have High Definition Audio Device and NVIDIA High Definition Audio Both appear to be working fine.
If I plug Bose Speakers into front headphone jack windows says no audio device detected. When plugged into back Windows shows audio connected but I get No sound. Would love to get these working on this machine Thanks in advance

Update...
I have a old HP DV6000 Laptop the Bose MediaMate speakers work fine with so it is an issue with The Dell Optiplex 755... Both machines are running Windows 8. Laptop works with both Bose and Logitech Speakers. Desktop only works with the Logitech Speakers? If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks Again.

Are the Bose speakers powered by an external source, or are they powered via the headphone jack?

If they're powered only by the headphone jack...it's possible that your speaker-out on the Optiplex 755 isn't powered, and only provides enough power for audio rather than audio+power. And could be that the jack on the dv6000 is powered, which would be why the speakers work correctly.

Thanks for the response.. However; both the Logitech and Bose speakers have their own power source.

Back
Top Bottom