On Board Audio Gripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIghtnin

Beta member
Why is it that the highest end motherboards all (or virtually all) have integrated audio? Do they really expect a PC builder that's willing to throw down $150+ for a decent MoBo to not by a PCI sound card? Why not save a few bucks for the producer and the end user and just nix the whole idea? Anybody with half a technical brain knows that all "onboard" peripherals are junk. Why even offer such an option (or more like mandate the necessity) of a peice of hardware that should never be used? They should save the circuit board and put it towards something more practical. If anyone actually knows why this fad is so widely accepted, please enlighten me.

Uhh.. its not all junk lol, but can be better if you get pieces of hardware... Onboard sound in the newer cards is fine.. You can ever get SPDIF connections (optical and coaxial) And it makes life easier for some people who dont wana spend the time looking for the parts and put them together.

Because just as fast as people ***** about onboard audio there are those who'd complain about mother boards that lack it. For me, I have 4 puters running in my house and only one do I use for gaming, why would I want to go out and buy an addtional three PCI audio cards??????? NOt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) There's your answer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom