Bluetooth Audio needs a tweak

yoricknicholls

Solid State Member
Hi folks,

Thank you for checking this thread. As the title suggests, I am having a small issue with my bluetooth audio output. My PC is a Dell XPS 17 L702X, to which I have paired a BOSE Soundlink Mini for when I watch movies or listen to music.

Recently after doing a factory reset back from W10 to W7, although the drivers were successfully installed and the pairing occurred smoothly, my device doesn't put out as loud a sound as it once did. BUT when connected via audio cable, or to my mobile phone, it puts out correctly. So nothing wrong with the device itself, just its pairing with the PC and/or its settings I would assume. I can still get sound from it, to an acceptable level, but nowhere as good as this little speaker can put out. As stated, it only does put out properly when plugged in manually via audio jack.

So I feel some form of interference is occurring stopping the device from running at its full potential. FYI I have tried the following already:

• Restarted the laptop
  • Restarted the device
  • Repaired the device
  • Fiddled about with sound settings, device settings, to no avail
I would love some assistance in figuring this out. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to act swiftly.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Connecting the PC to my phone? Yes it's also paired and working as intended. Files can be transferred and audio can be synched.

The only downside is that the Lumia 920 drivers are not compatible with W7 and they appear under 'other devices' in Device Manager. No biggy there, it's always done this.

The audio system I mean. If the volume is fine when the Bose speakers are connected to your phone instead of your PC, then it's for sure the PC at fault. Otherwise, it's the speakers.

Yes absolutely, as stated in the OP the phone works fine with the bluetooth device, at full potential. It is most certainly a PC related issue. I can't quite put my finger on it despite having tried everything I can think of.

FYI also tried PC to another bluetooth speaker device and even then the volume is restricted.
Must be a settings issue I can't put my finger on.

Appreciate any help one can provide.

Last edited:
It's a tough problem to solve yorick, without hearing or seeing the problem ourselves.

@bk.psycho, he's not looking for headphones.

Yeah I figured. It was worth a shot. The speakers are in maintenance for another common issue. I'll see how they behave afterwards. If I can get you more info I will.

Back
Top Bottom