Best way to rip music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But by commpressing any audio u get loss of quality... no gettin around that, if u want the true recording get redy for huge files... I would just select MP3 320 or mabe higher quality in WMP Rip it to my Library and be done with it... Easy and decent quality... I have 40 gigs of music and i have tried a whole lot of diff types of Compression... MP3 is most recognized and does a decent job also...

u could also select Lossless quality lol... BUT u better have an ipod the size of my old Tape player Stero haha

But by commpressing any audio u get loss of quality... no gettin around that, if u want the true recording get redy for huge files... I would just select MP3 320 or mabe higher quality in WMP Rip it to my Library and be done with it... Easy and decent quality... I have 40 gigs of music and i have tried a whole lot of diff types of Compression... MP3 is most recognized and does a decent job also...

u could also select Lossless quality lol... BUT u better have an ipod the size of my old Tape player Stero haha

not so. most human can't detect a difference in a 320 kbps AAC file and the original source. AAc is an superior ripping technique. the lying claims that mp3 people make actually is true for aac. I rip my file at 400 kbps nero m4a (aac) using a variable bitrate with dbpoweramp. which yields an even better sound. I have over 300 gigs of music ripped from my cd and record collection.

aac is compatible with ipod too. more companies media player are phasing mp3 rips out for aac.

ya i never said that MP3 was undetectable compresion... I record my own music on Studio equipment and the quality diff between WAV and MP3 is Ginormus... i was just sayin for the ease of use... its there sync and go
BTW I know AAc is superior but the Compresion effects are still there... I can hear them especially on songs with High Cymbal Peaks... But Im nerdy when it comes to that lol... go with what ya like... I will be glad when MP3 is faded out personaly... its old tech.. but for now why not ya know?

and DANG 300Gigs?? ive worked hard to get these 16000 songs... lol ive bought every freakin cd i can nearly think of... Gratz on that...

ya i never said that MP3 was undetectable compresion... I record my own music on Studio equipment and the quality diff between WAV and MP3 is Ginormus... i was just sayin for the ease of use... its there sync and go
BTW I know AAc is superior but the Compresion effects are still there... I can hear them especially on songs with High Cymbal Peaks... But Im nerdy when it comes to that lol... go with what ya like... I will be glad when MP3 is faded out personaly... its old tech.. but for now why not ya know?

and DANG 300Gigs?? ive worked hard to get these 16000 songs... lol ive bought every freakin cd i can nearly think of... Gratz on that...

thx. I've been told that i like to overdo things

To be honest, if played through a source and speaker setup that arn't particularly detailed (but not necessarly cheep) theres not a whole lot of difference in acoustic music from 320Kbps to WAV. The WAV seemed to have ever so slightly (i mean it, a tiny difference..) better bass and more powerfull highs (threat movement on guitars).

The same cannot be said through my headphones though, albeit they are extremely detailed. But never the less..

To be honest, if played through a source and speaker setup that arn't particularly detailed (but not necessarly cheep) theres not a whole lot of difference in acoustic music from 320Kbps to WAV. The WAV seemed to have ever so slightly (i mean it, a tiny difference..) better bass and more powerfull highs (threat movement on guitars).

The same cannot be said through my headphones though, albeit they are extremely detailed. But never the less..

you're right. on crap speakers there isn't that much difference. these days crap speakers are good

MP3 = very lossy, very supported
MP4/AAC = better than MP3, not very well supported (iPods support it though)
OGG = Better than MP3, good compression/quality ratio, not very well supported at ALL (plays great on PDA's or Windows Mobile devices with GSPlayer though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom