Best way to convert MKV to AVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ConvertXtodvd is a good program for that!!
But its not free!!

ConverXtoDVD is a very nice program indeed but I don't think you can use it to remux MKV to AVI. I just checked out the web site and it isn't clear on that aspect. Doing anything else than remuxing MKVs is throwing away picture quality and processing time if all the OP needs is an AVI out of the MKVs, so I do suggest downloading the trial version and checking it out.

I get a few MKVs with DTS 5.1..Is there a program to convert to AVI and keep the 5.1 as ac3 or MP3..
All the programs I've tried convert to AVI with Stereo

mkv is a container format not an encoding scheme just like avi is a container format

matroska is just a format for multiplexing the audio and video together that is open source

use a matroska demuxing program to separate the tracks and then you can do whatever you want..........problem most run into when trying to convert to something else is the video is often h264 or some variation and not many converters will do that

or you can use a player like mplayer to literally output each stream to a file instead of your screen using command line options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom