Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
hey

So i'm still on onboard sound, so...

I would a good soundcard, just for listening to music,

....but it has to have MIDI input.

Tim

If you are getting a Sound Blaster your best bet would be from the Audigy Series or above. It might not reach yoru goal for price but anything older and you will have issues.

I got a Sound Blaster Live! in my other XP Home machine and i lost the CD. There is no way for me to get drivers to get sound working again now...

If you are getting a Sound Blaster your best bet would be from the Audigy Series or above. It might not reach yoru goal for price but anything older and you will have issues.

I got a Sound Blaster Live! in my other XP Home machine and i lost the CD. There is no way for me to get drivers to get sound working again now...

how come? you can't get it from their website? hopefully I will still have some their cds as I've had lots of their cards.

of course you can get drivers/software from their website, why do you think sites sell OEM hardware? lol

And for £50 you could get an X-fi xtreme audio/music

of course you can get drivers/software from their website, why do you think sites sell OEM hardware? lol

I kinda have a memory of creative not including certain stuff on certain cards at their website

how come? you can't get it from their website? hopefully I will still have some their cds as I've had lots of their cards.
I have tried several different drivers. The ones from their website dont work cause of course Creative with their lovely installer wont allow for the drivers to isntall cause it doesnt detect the card. Even trying to extract the installer and force the install has not accomplished anything.

Actually no you cant. Creative Live! series cards are no longer produced and also teh drivers are no longer supported. So you have to get the drivers from their archive and therefor if they dont work you are outta luck. It was a OEM product at one point in time but that doesnt mean 7 years later you can get drivers for them from the site.

So again i say that you should ge a Audigy series card. The X-Fi are wasted on Vista. There is no EAX for games. So therefor if you ahve any kind of surround sound it is wasted. Only XP can make full use of the card since Creative did not bundle the EAX with their drivers for Vista. Plus Vista doesnt allow for EAX natively.

M-audio 2496. stereo IO, coax IO and Midi IO.

/Thread.

the best sound card for music and recording. it sucks for games and isn't compatible with media center.

I look for my live cd and upload it if you want it mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom