BEST music creation software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
Ok. Let's say price didn't matter, and what is the BEST at making loop-based music with many features to customize for a consumer. Someone told me "Reason" was the best. Is this true?

If you like Reason, then Reason is the best.

Garage Band is pretty lacking. The Hydrogen Drum Machine is the best thing since sliced bread.

And if price didn't matter, I'd hire a bunch of software engineers to write me one that had all the features I wanted and was exactly what I wanted. :p

I have heard people swear by FruityLoops. I bought it, waste of my money I still can't figure out how to use it right. If you already got the samples Adobe Audition makes and easy multitrack looping program.

Just cuz you cant use a program doesnt mean it sucks, it actually means its pretty **** good if you have to learn it, instead of clicking a few buttons and it just does stuff. fruity loops is a really good one if you learn it.

Pro Tools is also prob one of the best ones out there, but like poorman found out you have to spend some time learning them and buy a couple of books on it if you wanna be a pro at them.

fruity loops.

i've been using it for about a year, it's confusing as ****, but i've heard some crazy stuff that was made in there.

You guys,

nothing sucks. One with a mastery of fruity loops can blow your mind.. it's really a versatile prog and is VERY openended. I mean, it even takes VSTs which is like a door of possibilities that's permanetly open. It just gets dissed as noob software because it's a great intro program as well. anyways, the "best" loop-based music program is subjective more than objective.

But as far as loops go, FruityLoops and ACID 6 are great. I've used both, but just got acid in the last month. Fruity was my first, but I use Reason 2.5 and 3 most [past 2 years]. Reason's very verstile and visually, is fun to work with. It's a complete digital rack! and sequencer of course. You can look at the back and manually wire it too. But know this, any program will take you months, even years to master and you'll still be learning things in the process. Reason is much more complicated than Fruity, so if you're new to digital sequencing/loop progs, start a little more basic, say fruity or acid. But if you have some experience in the field, Reason might be just for you.

I use CoolEdit for all waveform editing, also for more ambient tracks thanks to it's multitrack recorder. It's not a loop program, but can assist any musician, especially when working with a waveform.

In the end, anything is good enough to learn, JUST USE IT. Most people waste their time arguing that what they use is better than what you use.. and don't end up creating anything. Get a program, and show us what you've got... if it makes sounds, it can be made into music :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom