Best MP3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here have a look at this Sony 20 GB MP3 Player.

It's quite expensive, but it would be the MP3 player I would buy if I were to get one. It boasts a 30 hour battery life as one of its main advantages over competitors.

Retro.

Retro said:
Click here have a look at this Sony 20 GB MP3 Player.

It's quite expensive, but it would be the MP3 player I would buy if I were to get one. It boasts a 30 hour battery life as one of its main advantages over competitors.

Retro.

the sony one turns everything to atrck, which kinda lowers the quality.

batterlife: the iaudio m3 has one version that boost alot of batter life too. i dont remember the deatails tho.

i just throw itunes on random and attach a pair of earbuds to my laptop. then i just shove my laptop down my back pocket....
makes me walk kinda funny though...:confused:

in all seriousness though....i just purchased a 30gb zen ultra from creative. gonna see how this suits me and purchase an ipod if it doesn't meet my needs (battery life...interface, etc) i've seen wayyyy too many articles on these and have been reading articles for 3 months. so, i just decided to buy one of the two and test the sucker out.

mikesgroovin said:
i just throw itunes on random and attach a pair of earbuds to my laptop. then i just shove my laptop down my back pocket....
makes me walk kinda funny though...:confused:

in all seriousness though....i just purchased a 30gb zen ultra from creative. gonna see how this suits me and purchase an ipod if it doesn't meet my needs (battery life...interface, etc) i've seen wayyyy too many articles on these and have been reading articles for 3 months. so, i just decided to buy one of the two and test the sucker out.

craetive makes good things...

ceative is the 3rd popular mp3 player
2nd- iriver
1st- apple <-- only cus it does ALOT of ads

I have noticed that many people have the problem with apple's ipod battery replacement....

Try this:
http://www.iPod911.com

They do have cheap and good battery plus it is FREE shipping.

I have bought from them for my 3rd G iPod,
works great!

I got a creative zen xtra 30 gb. I think its great. Its software works well with my creative audigy 2 sound card. Its battery life beats iPod (new iPod models come close though) and unlike an iPod the battery is easily removable so you can swap it out for a 24hr battery. It is bigger than an iPod, made with anodized aluminum, which is dentable but it has a cool rugged look. Sound quality is great especially with $40 sony headphones and I recommend those not matter what mp3 player you get (Fontopia Headphones MDR-EX51LP). User interface is great too, easy to move songs to playlist, create playlists, delete songs, adjust equalizer, time-scale, all on the go. My volume down button and scroll whell getting a bit slugish but.... Also creative offers Zen micro, 5gb with 12hr bat. Its small, removable bat. Blue backlighting, many colors and both players have signal-to-noise ratio up to 98dB (meaning best audio performance compared to other mp3 players)

I've used an iPod, not impressed with user interface, click wheel is cool but don't like interface. Also too expensive. And baterry life is just too short, can't replace battery and I heard it dies after some time (maybe the older models). It does have cool features like games, calanders, ALOT of accessories (flashlight, laser pointer, microphone atachments). ITs good though, small, cool looking.

Another good brand is Rio. I've used some of their mp3 players and cd players before and like it. The Rio Carbon is 5 gb with 20hr batt. The Rio karma is 20gb with a 15hr bat. It also hasOgg Vorbis and FLAC Support. The Rio Nitrus is 1.5 gb, 16hr bat. and its thin.

iRiver has good mp3 players too. The H340 and the H320 have 40gb and 20gb respectively, both supports MP3, WMA, ASF and OGG music files. Fm tuner, color display. Signal-to-noise ratio Left 90dB/Right 90dB. iRiver also has good flash mp3 playres up to 1gb in storage.

Those are all good brands that you could consider, it mainly depends on what style you like and the user interface. If you are active and run or jog alot, get a flash player, not a harddisk player. Flash players can be dropped and such with out harm..no moving parts....and hd players....try dropping a hardrive and find out.

GeckoEcho421 said:
IMO I'd say that besides the iPod having a slightly below average battery life, it has by far the best sounds quality and is small enough to comfortly put in your pants pocket. I've also dropped mine on my kitchens marble floor not once but TWICE and its only got a few scratches.

no not iPod or die. iPod or youre "not cool". Its a freckin fashion statement. I for one decided to pay half as much for my 40gb, I thought 500$ (at the time) was too much to tell everyone how cool I was. So I purchased the Creative Zen Xtra 40gb. And They are not the best sound quality, many many reviews have said the Creative has better sound quality. And I bought Zen's for both of my brothers, ones in Iraq the other in Afghanistan, so theyre going strong through a freckin WAR, both have beat the tar outta their players with dents, scratches and tons of sand. my brother doesnt drop his onto a counter, he drops it onto the bottom of a TANK. Granted they are smaller, but with the new Zen Touch, with 24 hrs of life, better sound quality, a comparable scroll feature, and its freckin sweet lookin, you dont have to be a slave to trend. And im not saying that they suck, im saying they are not the only and most cerainly best option out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom