best codec ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama

Baseband Member
hey people

me have a capture card (pinnacle pctv stereo) but as it does not give enough capture formats so i got virtual dub.
well vd has soo many formats that i have difficulty in choosing exactly which one is the best. some i remember are xvid ,divx 4.5 and and forgot.

well some idea would do

divix or xvid, xvid is quickly becoming the most popular it works well and is universal, mutch easyer to play on a mack (with my experence)

rama,

If Iam right, Dr.Divx has a capture option. You can capture your vids and convert to DivX using the same application. I couldnt find a software better than Dr.Divx for backing up and converting Dvd's to Divx.
Yeah, DivX is the best codec so far in the digital video revolution.!

hey intercodes, try mplayer, theyve got a windows version as well as linux, it plays anything and also rips/decodes/encodes video and audio, and its free

horndude,

try mplayer, theyve got a windows version as well as linux

Yay, thanks horndude. I already have that player for my FC3. Its amazing. But i never knew it could convert files to Divx. Lemme try that. And I suggested Dr.divx, cuz he needed to capture vids and convert, which i guess, mplayer cant do/

mplayer can do lots of neat stuff, do a "man mplayer" and read the docs, printed out its about 50 pages to print do: man mplayer | col -b | lp

for example, want to rip a dvd into divx you'd this just for a simple example:

mencoder dvd://1 -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vqmin=2:vbitrate=900 -o <yourfilename.avi>

that will give you a divx copy in whatever scale the dvd is written with, you can also rescale it to be smaller or bigger and crop the image, lots of options, mencoder does decoding/encoding and is part of the mplayer package

horndude,

Whoa!. Thats a big command line expression...! Lemme try that. Thanks horn. But i got 2 problems with my DVD drive. One is DVD's are not mounting [CD's work] and when I start Xcdroast, it says
" No cd-rom or cd-writer detected.FOR ATAPI/IDE drives under linux you have to enable scsi emulation in the kernel inorder to activate them"

Maybe i should start a new thread ....:confused:

helloo guys

remember me

ya inter it would be better to start a new one to attract people specific to you cause.

rama : helloo guys

remember me

ya inter it would be better to start a new one to attract people specific to you cause.

ha ha lol ..sorry! . I started a new thread...:p anyz, read my earlier post....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom