Best circumaural headphones for $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, more questions:

Which is better for use with an ipod, The HD280Pros or the Sony MDR-V6s? The cheapest I'm finding the HD280s are 72 bucks, and I've found the MDR-V6s for much cheaper, and I'm hearing that they're pretty close, but I want another opinion. Thoughts?

For the record, I listen to mostly rock music, as well as acoustic, a little hip hop, and some piano and Jazz stuff, so I need something that can basically do it all, and at pretty high volumes too. I also listen to stand up comedy CDs and watch movies with my ipod.

Nevermind, I ordered the HD280Pros, after reading more reviews and hearing only good things about them. I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

Understatement of the century :D

quote from: Sennheiser HD280 Pro vs. Sony MDR-V6

For a portable, the iPod has relatively decent output: 30mW/channel, where the typical MiniDisc player puts out only 5mW/channel. Even at this level, though, a clear difference emerged. The lack of power really affected the HD280s, much more than the V6s. From the iPod, I actually would say the HD280s are, in fact, a little bit bass-shy; they lost a lot of their impact on the Underworld and Power Station tracks. The V6s held on better, though I thought the bass on the V6s started to get somewhat more muddy with the reduced power. Drums in general are definitely more involving with the V6s off the iPod. I thought the Fixx track "In Suspense" really showed off the difference here: the bass guitar is much more pronounced and involving on the V6, but it's twangier (is that a word?) and more defined on the HD280.

But do not worry, if they are too bad you can get a portable amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom