Beginer - CD to MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to get 8 hours of music on an MP3 player. What amount of memory in the player do I need, as a minimum?

Figuring three minutes per song, that would be 160 songs in eight hours. A single gig would easily hold that. My wife's Shuffle is a gig, and it will holds 20 albums of MP3's with ease.

dbpoweramp will give you the best compression sound and is compatible with ipods and mp4 players. it also embed album art to the music so your car radio can see it

How much you can store depends on what format you're using and the quality it's encoded in.
If you're using uncompressed files, like FLAC or ALAC (M4A), it can easily be >20MB per song.

Can music be played in compressed format? Would you recommend a freeware ripper over a srink wrapp ripper from some like Roxio? I am woried about picking up a virus and spyware from freeware. However, I can see that freeware can often be better then shrinkwrap rippers becuase the upgrades and updates can be sent out faster.

Can music be played in compressed format?
Uh, yeah. The vast majority of it is in compressed (lossy) formats.
Would you recommend a freeware ripper over a srink wrapp ripper from some like Roxio?
Yes. Why pay for software when people are offering free alternatives that do the same or better job?
I am woried about picking up a virus and spyware from freeware.
That's usually if you're trying to get cracked programs that aren't supposed to be free.
However, I can see that freeware can often be better then shrinkwrap rippers becuase the upgrades and updates can be sent out faster.
It's not just that. The people that make freeware usually do it just because they want something that works properly.
The people that sell products usually do it to make money.

I'd recommend dBpoweramp

Ok, will start tonight at my PC ripping some of my older CDs. I will only be ripping to MP3 format. I have dbpoweramp, what else would you recommend focusing on speed (the fastest ripper of the bunch) and technology (being the technologicaly the most advanced ripper)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom