Beats by Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Went to the local Mac store yesterday with some friends. Really wasn't interested in anything at all until I came across an Ipod Classic that happened to be hooked up to the Monster Beats by Dre headphones. I put them on and was actually impressed. The bass is about twice as loud at lower frequencies as my Bose on-ear headphones (got those for free or else I would have bought something else). Clarity seemed pretty nice too considering the songs on the demo Ipod were probably not of best audio quality.

Are these headphones actually worth anywhere near the price? Are they audio-phile grade, or are they just over-hyped with a big rapper name and over-priced like many of the other Monster products?

I've never heard them so I was wondering if they were any good for monitoring. They are pricey but I'd probably rather grab a pair of Sennheiser hd 25-1 II.

Imo they sound really good, probably the best I've put on. Noise cancelling is good. But I have nothing to compare them too. Never listened to Sennheiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom