.AVI Format Video Glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmoose

Baseband Member
On a former motherboard I was not having this issue, but having rebuilt my PC I am having trouble making movies using Windows Movie Maker on account of a lot of strange vertical tearing that I get when viewing an .avi visual clip transition to another.

I also see this tearing sometimes when skipping from one segment of an .avi clip to another using a media player. But it is the most crippling in movie making as it causes the preview playback window to stutter and often crash and the vertical tearing comes out in the final product.

Does anyone have familiarity with this issue? The tearing is often white but is also of many other colors.

Your pc has obviously got somthing against wmm, or the installation is screwed. Try reinstalling it. And what quality are the .avi files?

I said that it is not just in Windows Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker just reacts to it the worst.

I have a feeling that there may be something wrong with my Fraps codec. If this is so, how could I remove a codec and try to replace it?

tried a newer or more updated version of any codecs or players on your system? I always use vista codec packs and mpc...good stuff

my experience, little in this area maybe? :p has always been if it was good before and bad now...some annoying auto codec keeps messing up my system. Uninstall the culprit and replace with a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom