.AVI Format Video Glitching - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default .AVI Format Video Glitching

On a former motherboard I was not having this issue, but having rebuilt my PC I am having trouble making movies using Windows Movie Maker on account of a lot of strange vertical tearing that I get when viewing an .avi visual clip transition to another.

I also see this tearing sometimes when skipping from one segment of an .avi clip to another using a media player. But it is the most crippling in movie making as it causes the preview playback window to stutter and often crash and the vertical tearing comes out in the final product.

Does anyone have familiarity with this issue? The tearing is often white but is also of many other colors.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: .AVI Format Video Glitching

Your pc has obviously got somthing against wmm, or the installation is screwed. Try reinstalling it. And what quality are the .avi files?

Old 04-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I said that it is not just in Windows Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker just reacts to it the worst.

I have a feeling that there may be something wrong with my Fraps codec. If this is so, how could I remove a codec and try to replace it?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

tried a newer or more updated version of any codecs or players on your system? I always use vista codec packs and mpc...good stuff

my experience, little in this area maybe? has always been if it was good before and bad now...some annoying auto codec keeps messing up my system. Uninstall the culprit and replace with a good one.
Closed Thread