Avi files on a DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
I know I should probably do some more research...but I wonder if a data DVD full of avi files will play on my DVD player. I know it will play avi files from a CD but I have never tried from a DVD.

Do regular DVD players only recognize MPEG-2 files? Or is there another format they recognize by default? (files recorded on a DVD of course)

The player on which I want to play the files is the Sony DHC=FL7D.

normally if i have an .avi file i use DivxToDvd to burn onto a blank dvd and that plays fine on my dvd players :)

Yes, but I want to take the advantage of the small file size that .avi files require. I could store hours of video on a 4.7GB DVD which I am sure will play on my PC but may not play on my DVD player.

aH...no..... it's NOT YOUR DVD PLAYER!! convert AVI to DVD with Cuccusoft AVI to DVD which encodes the AVI to MPv files. Then you have to use IFOEdit (freeware) to convert the MPv to DVD format. Once converted, use Roxio or Nero to burn those files to DVD. You should consider burning multiple Avi's to VCD or Super VCD in Nero.

RicoDirenzo said:
aH...no..... it's NOT YOUR DVD PLAYER!! convert AVI to DVD with Cuccusoft AVI to DVD which encodes the AVI to MPv files.

Re-Read his post's.

He dosen't want to convert them to dvd,He want's to keep them avi because of the size.

Shumway said:

He dosen't want to convert them to dvd,He want's to keep them avi because of the size.

Shumway is right.

I don't want to convert my compressed videos to DVD. I was actually thinking of buying a DivX-compatible player anyway. I can buy a cheap player and then throw tons of videos into a DVD-R which I WILL be able to play!!

I know this is irrelevant, but that last post just gave me the status of a "Junior Techie." :cool:

Yeah...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom