Avi file downloaded from kazaa problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
Hello, I need your help:
I just downloaded a movie from Kazaa"50 first dates", the movie is about one hour. But after I finished download, it just couldnt play! I am using WindoesXP MP9.0.0.2980, the movie file is avi
So can I watch it in WinMP or can I just burn it to my CD by this avi. file? Can I watch it after I burned from my self-making CD?

I downloaded DivX palyer 2.5.2 after that, now it's playing but no sound and view. nothing there besides it says the movie is playing and the total time is 1:02 hr.

What can I do?:(

aye29 said:
You're probably missing some codecs. Get the GSpot Codec Information Appliance (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/) and open your video file with it. It will tell you what codec the file uses and weather or not you have it.

Thanks for the link and I would be able to installed GSpot on my machine.

Now I clicked Render button and it tells me "DirectShow claims to be able to play the file, The following combination of filters were
used

AVI Splitter
Divx decoder filter
Video renderer

So, it doesn't say what do I need in order to fix the problem

look in the audio box.it says the name of the codec it needs for sound.
(i.e. ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc)
if you installed the divx codec you should be able to play it in wmp.
dont use the divx player,because even if you have the right codec installed it doesn't mean it will play the audio.

btv said:
look in the audio box.it says the name of the codec it needs for sound.
(i.e. ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc)
if you installed the divx codec you should be able to play it in wmp.
dont use the divx player,because even if you have the right codec installed it doesn't mean it will play the audio.

In the audio box, I see the following:
Name: No audio channels
Stat: empty
Bitrate: n.a.
FS: n.a.

I tried to use WMP player to play the movie. Same thing like always, no pics and no sound.

that means there is no audio track.

Discusman said:
I downloaded DivX palyer 2.5.2 after that, now it's playing but no sound and view. nothing there besides it says the movie is playing and the total time is 1:02 hr.

i reread this and looked up the title.
what you have is bitmaps encoded with divx.in other words a fake :p

OMG, you guys gotta be kidding me. Why those guys want to put fake files up there? It's a big file, looks real to me. :(

OK, thx for all the help. I guess I have to rent it.

Discusman, did you get the message I sent? I thought I posted it here, but im not quite sure now what kind of message i sent. I'm brand new here & just registered so that i could try to help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom