Audiophile 2496 latency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teabag

Beta member
I just installed a new M-Audio 2496 card in my system. In Nuendo if I zoom using key commands or scroll with the mouse wheel the audio either cuts out or splutters and pops.

I have the latency set at 512 samples which is pretty high, if I set it to 1024 samples the problem seems to go away. but at 44.1kHz this means 23ms of latency, which is way too much. I've that other pepole are running these cards at at like 128 or 256 samples with no problems.

After a bit of slot swapping I have the card on its IRQ (5).
I have tried the PCI latency timer at 32 and 96 but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also if I swith to ASIO direct X driver the problem goes away. But this means big latency too. Soon as I switch back to the M-audio ASIO tyhe problem returns

Can anyone suggest anything helpful?

Cheers,
Nick

my system:

M-Audio ASIO driver version 5.10.00.0036

MSI mobo KT333
Athlon XP 2000+ (1667MHz)
512MB DDR
WD hard drives
ATI dual head VGA
Win XP pro SP1

what kind of graphics card is that ATI?

zooming while it's scrolling can take a lot out of the CPU and take some priority off the sound processing.

Its a radeon 9200SE VIVO , I know its not that flash, but it allows me to use two monitors which takes a lot of pain out of editing.

with my old sound card, Game Theatre XP Hercules, when I zoomed the display would sometimes freeze for less than a second, which was annoying but not as bad as the audio stopping and starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom