[[Audio Stuttering in Vista Resolved]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
I searched the forums several times with many different key words relating to similar posts but found nothing like this, so I figured I would throw the information out there for anyone having similar trouble with audio in Vista (as I know many who have dealt with this).

Problem: Audio goes into 10-20 second stuttering modes on random yet frequent occasions while any audio is being played, no matter what the CPU load or RAM usage is.

Solution: After researching this for a few days I found that the problem actually stems from certain 802.11 wireless N cards. Without going into too much detail, you can run the script below to keep your audio from stuttering for the current boot duration:

Code:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection"
[Note: You should replace "Wireless Network Connection" with your network connection name.]

However, in order to reconnect to your wireless network upon rebooting your system, you must run the following code:

Code:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wireless Network Connection"

And then run the first segment of code again to remove the stutter.

This is kind of annoying to have to do every time you restart your computer, but in my opinion it's definitely worth it to get rid of the annoying stuttering. Microsoft should definitely consider looking into this, as I know of many wireless N users who suffer from this.

You can easily make two batch files to change settings by copying and pasting the code above in notepad and saving the files as "*.bat". Just be sure to run them in Administrator mode.

[Note: Most of this information was derived from WUSB300N Vista Sound Stutter interim solution - Wireless Adapters - Linksys Community Forums]

-Chase-

it (wireless n card) stuttered my ati capture card on my wife's upstairs computer. I took it out. my wireless g card was too slow so I went back to hardwire on my gigabit network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom