Audio Strech for Windows?

aimo3

In Runtime
Anyone knows a good program for stretching audio files, like slowing down a song a little bit? I should keep the pitch intact or the song will be distorted.

I found an open-source program called Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch, but it says here "It is suitable only for extreme sound stretching of the audio (like 50x) and for applying special effects by "spectral smoothing" the sounds". Does it mean it does not do well with my purpose?

Could look into Audacity.

Just make sure you also get the LAME codec plugin for MP3's if you're wanting to re-save the files as MP3's.

So LAME codec plugin for Audacity is required.

Wikipedia says "LAME is a free software codec used to encode/compress audio into the lossy MP3 file format". So when stretching a audio file, you have to compromise on quality, do you not?

LAME is only required if you want to export to MP3. If you want to use a different format you can.

All MP3 files are compressed, which is lossy (depending on the compression level or bitrate you use).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The original files I have at the moment are themselves MP3 with a bit rate of 128 kbps. They're all downloaded from youtube.

The original files I have at the moment are themselves MP3 with a bit rate of 128 kbps. They're all downloaded from youtube.

Like I said, if you want to keep them in MP3 format after editing them in Audacity, you will need to get the LAME library as well. Since they're 128 right now, that's also what your target bitrate would be, since you can't "up convert" from a lower bitrate to a higher one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom