Audio Split

MidnightShadow

Night Ninja
Okay, I've got a crazy idea here. I need to be able to split audio from a single source (PC) to approximately 15 different speakers or so. Basically, we have an ACD (automatic call distribution) system. That system has a monitor to show each individual queue and how many calls are pending in those queues. The queues are set to light yellow and then red at specific times per queue. Those can also have audio alarms attached. The issue is that the video wall where the screen is displayed does not have audio capabilities and, being a call center, we don't want an alarm loud enough for everybody to hear b/c that would quite obviously disturb the work of others.

My thought was to run audio to each console that requires this audible alarm. There is already an unused speaker at each console prime for the picking, I just have to get the audio to it. Wired or wireless solutions are welcome. Thinking outside of the box is also welcome. The speakers at each console are the crappy HP speaker bars that attach to the underside of the monitors and use the 3.5mm jacks. We have a raised floor that we can run wires if we have to, but we may also have the option to use an unused pair of CAT6 (4 in use, 2 not in two different CAT6 runs to each console).

It's a 3.5 MM connection, though. I had thought about the audio distro systems, but I don't see that working out in this situation. We may end up with a single speaker system connected in the middle of the room.

Back
Top Bottom