Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThickSmoke

Solid State Member
Ok, I have a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, Win XP, P4 3.0 GHz, 1GB DDR RAM... anyways, the sound card has been working great for about a month. Then today I decided to do a Windows Update (it's a new computer and I realized I have done no updates yet). So, I do about 17 critical updates and about 10 other updates, including one driver update. After that, I had no sound. I uninstalled all updates (except for a couple which cannot be uninstalled). No change. I unstalled the audio drivers, and everything worked again. Then I had to restart my computer, and the uninstallation finished and I had no sound again. So I reinstalled the drivers and, still no sound. I have checked everyhting I can think of, the speakers are indeed connected to the computer, the Volume Control in Windows is NOT muted, the speakers are on, there are no IRQ conflicts. I have no idea what to do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers so many times that I cannot do a System Restore (it doesn't go back far enough, only the last three Updates, and it won't restore to there....) Any ideas from anyone would be very helpful. Thanks.

nevermind, I found my problem. stupid computer set the on-board audio as default. on-board has never worked, but now everything's all set....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom