Audio Problem

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have fitted a new-ish Foxconn 946Z7 Motherboard , and I just can not get any sound out of the Rear or Front Jacks , I have downloaded all the drivers I can find from Foxconn and Realtek but still nothing .
I have un-installed and re-installed a couple of times but still nothing , have tried different speakers , sound device is showing up in Device Manager , " Realtek HD Audio ".

I have ran out of things to try , any help out there .

cheers

spike

If it is on board there could be a driver error, broken ports (unlikely), or even a cable that is not plugged in on the mobo to provide sound. If your device is showing up without any issue in device manager then the driver is probably good. Foxconn is not the greatest. All of my experiences with them have been bad and it is hard to locate drivers for foxconn boards (as far as I know). I would look again on the board to see if the audio (little rectangular) plug is disconnected. If not I would download more drivers for the board for sound. It does not seem likely that the mobo port and the case port are both broken so it must be a driver related issue, or a busted audio aux cable.

Back
Top Bottom