Audio\MP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay-

Beta member
Hello =)

Well, I've got a little situation running..

I have a lot of music I want to burn, some whole discographies and some mere albums.

The thing is - I don't know how I should burn in, as a MP3 disc or Audio disc. I have no problems with spending discs and I also possess a portable MP3 Player.

Does Audio disc has better quality?

I, personally thought that I should burn some of the specific albums I have into MP3(where it will contain probably 5-6 different bands) and the music(mostly progressive rock\metal[Dream Theater and such]) whom I love I should burn as Audio disc..

Btw, I have Symphony X on high quality mpc.. I take it MP3 Players won't be able to read it? :/

I use mostly NERO.

In case I encounter problems with it, I use CD Recorder.

firstly, how will mp3 players (unless they are mp3 CD players) play discs? you'll manage to fit about 150 songs on a CD-RW if you burn your songs as an mp3 disc, so i would'nt reccomend an Audio disc. Also, the higher the quality of a song, the more space it will take up, and reading the song doesnt have anything to do with it.

Yes, by MP3 Player I meant a portable CD mp3 player...

About the large amount of songs that can be burnt on mp3 discs, it is a great advantage, but the quality is a great important to me. My MP3's are usually 192kbps.

I'm quite well aware that the higher the quality of the song, the more space it will take up.. However, I'm afraid I failed to understand what does "and reading the song doesn't have anything to do with it".. Do you mean that, even in case have a sensitive ear, I won't be able to see the difference between 128kbps and 256kbps, or MP3 and Audio, as the, disc reading doesn't have anything to do with the specific song quality?

no, i meant; no matter what the quality of the song, the cd player will still be able to play it.

I usually keep all my music in 320 kbps. People say why but i can actually hear the difference between 128 and stuff. What happens in MP3 encoding is the lower the quality, the more frequences are being omited, usually the higher freq, are the first to go (higher freq.=more detail=more space). I can hear the distoritions at those higher freq. unless you can too, you should be fine with something in between.

I've also used wave before, but its only good if you want to edit, its the best quality though comparable to 1411 kbps or something but takes a hell ofalota space, also if its on an MP3 palyer it may run down the battery faster I think, (if you have a harddrive player) because the drive must spin more often than when its playing an MP3 song.

One thing about MP3 cds, most, but not all cd players will play it. When you burn it as an audio cd, the quality will be no better than the original song on your computer. It won't magically make the song sound better, so an MP3 cd might be better if you wont reduce the quality from the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom