Audio help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting......Looks like the digital signal is sent through the standard 1/8" jack? I'm looking at the hook up schematic on-line. I had presumed, from my digital recording studio experieince, that digital = S/PDIF or Lightpipe.......time to do some additional study! But, as stated above, the output signal selectin from you card is digital or analog only..can't be sent in both formats at the same time looks like.

Yeah, sounds like some pretty deep stuff... Is there a cheap switch or something i could perchase that can simply select b/w the two sets of speakers? (much like those switches that can hook one monitor up to two computers) That way all i would have to do is flip the switch and change the output to the appropriate selection (digital or analog), and just easily switch b/w the two instead of trying to have both running at the same time.

Can u give me a link to the speakers you have, im shur i can help, i know a lot about digital sound and how it works.

Ok, the stereo speakers' specs are at http://www.us.aiwa.com/default.asp?page=support&browse=yes&model=210

I can't really find a specific page for the specific model computer speakers i have (Boston Digital BA735) and they only support digital. www.bostonacoustics.com

I also read up on the stereo's page, and it only supports analog. I guess the only way to get this to work would be to configure the sound card to output both an analog and digital signal.

I also noticed another problem earlier today, when i have both the sets of speakers hooked up to the Y-splitter and the card putting out analog (for the stereo) it only plays on one speaker of the stereo, and i must unplug the computer speakers to get both channels back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom