audio guru stumped!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
hey, i just bought a new motherboard. its the Epox kt600 chipset and its really cool. theres only one problem. my audio is messed up. i installed the audio drivers that came with the motherboard. the audio output is set up so that you can have surround sound on it, but you dont need to. theres a little audio manager tool that lets you switch between headphones, 2channel, 4channel, and 5.1. i have mine set on 2 channel because i have an altec lansing set with a sub and two speakers. the line out goes directly from the board to the sub, and the speakers plug into the sub. i am puzzled because only one of the speakers works at a time. i know the other speaker still works and all the cables are properly connected, but for some reason the onboard audio wont send audio to the second speaker. it is very wierd. if i havent explained it well enough please feel free to ask me to clarify. any and all help will be appreciated.

i know with my creative 2.1 i have a little volume control knob that connects to my sub and my speakers connect to the sub but my volume knob connects to the line out and mine works fine didnt know if yours had a setup like this or not

It might be your jack. Put on a song or something and then slowly pull out the plug and see if both kick in. I had that problem with my old laptop. It would play mono unless I held it a certain way. Could be your issue.

I agree with Lostman above, sounds like the minijack plug is not seating correctly (had this prob myself and it maked the amp hum like crazy until the minijack was pulled out about a mil).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom