Audio file conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenor

In Runtime
Can you experts out there pls teach me how I can
convert a .mpg audio file into mp3 file. Thx a lot!

I've just found out recently that I can change the .mpg file to mp3 file by just renaming the file extension! No need to go through all the conversions!

^^^not always, there are more than one version of mpeg.......might be mpeg2 or mpeg3, and if your mp3 player wont play mpeg2 files then you would have a problem

Re:

Hello,

Ditto horndude,

Changing the extension from mpg to mp3 doesn't change the format of the file. The physical structure of the file will still be mpeg.

It's whether the hardware (mp3 player for example) or the application (Windows Media Player for example) supports that 'physical file format'.

So, if you alter the extension from mpeg to mp3 manually without any physical file format conversion, and the hardware or application can play back the file, it means the hardware or app. supports the physical format 'mpeg'.

Sevenor said:
I've just found out recently that I can change the .mpg file to mp3 file by just renaming the file extension! No need to go through all the conversions!

ewww, the files sizes must be HUGH!!!!

Sevenor said:
Can you experts out there pls teach me how I can
convert a .mpg audio file into mp3 file. Thx a lot!

Since it's been quite some time since I posted the above query, I can now only vaguely recall the reason why I wanted to convert mpg audio files into mp3 audio files: B'cos some of my audio files were, for reasons unknown to me, converted themselves to .mpg files from mp3 files/format. Being not able to play them anymore, therefore, I posted the question above. Then weeks later, by trial and error, I stumbled upon the easy way of doing the above by just changing the file extension. I can't explain why it worked for me though. Maybe like Alvin said, the original 'physical structure' of the file was mp3, that's why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom