Audio Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinner

Beta member
Could anyone please help with advice on a complex audio problem I have. Recently, I filmed a friends wedding and I am currently editing it with Pinnacle Systems Studio 9. During the saying of their vows jets flew over the church and are quite dominant in the audio of the film. They are so dominant to the degree only a portion can be heard of what the couple are saying and the minister. I have tried Pinnacles built in noise reduction filters with no result. tried various editing software including My Sound Studio and Cool Edit 2000. Any help from this forum would be appreciated if required I can send a copy of WAV file for anyone that is interested in helping out.

Wow that sucks :p. I know how you feel though. I edit weddings on studio 9 all the time. The only thing I could think of is trying this program called Audacity. It's free for download here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. (I think that's the current version but I'm at school right now so I'll check when I get home) It has a noise filter where you tell it what the noise is (by playing it when prompted) and then it edits it out. Sounds pretty good in theory but I've never had to use it since I found out about it a few weeks ago. If you could find a part that was for the most part silent (no talking) with just the jet noise it might work. Be careful about getting them talking when you are telling the program what to edit out. Like I said, I've never used it, hope it works for you. The part that sucks is that you'd have to seperate the audio from the video and then line it back up. Good Luck.

Thanku grego for your input. If you ever strike the same problem I have been trying to fix I can speak volumes for an editing program called DC 6. I had no problems with this audio editor and has removed all background sound successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom