Audio Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the X-Fi and it makes crap sound good through the crystalizer. (32 bit MP3)

The games also sound much better. I know it can not slow it down since its taking all the audio processing for itself. It only uses some ram; thats why the gaming version comes with on board x ram.

If you only want to spend $90, get the Z-2200/2300 from zipzoomfly.com. Its 2.1 but will get much louder than a 5.1 system and it will sound much better.

turtile said:
I've used the X-Fi and it makes crap sound good through the crystalizer. (32 bit MP3)

The games also sound much better. I know it can not slow it down since its taking all the audio processing for itself. It only uses some ram; thats why the gaming version comes with on board x ram.

If you only want to spend $90, get the Z-2200/2300 from zipzoomfly.com. Its 2.1 but will get much louder than a 5.1 system and it will sound much better.

we don't comment on this around here. we know that there is no such thing as 32 bit mp3, but people will get mad when we say this

the x-fi is a regular sound card with an eq circuit and ram. it brighten the sound of poorly recorded songs

They are 24 bit.

The Logitec z-5300e: does anyone know where I can get cable extensions for them? The cables are really short. How do you connect them to the X-Fi too?

Than go to your local Radio Shack and buy some extention cords, thats what i had to do with my X-530's.

Here we go again.

you could theoretically make a 32 bit mp3. But it will be bigger than a wave file, which kinda defeats the purpose for even making a mp3 file (remember mp3 are suppose to be a compressed file).

now there are some guys here (me, Crysalis, Dj Chris and Molson) that really know audio and we have enough sense to not believe everything that is put on paper about it

the stuff that they are promoting with the x-fi card is bullship. they are taking into consideration that most people don't know audio and they will believe anything that they read.

the x-fi card is a sound card with ram and an eq circuit. nothing more, nothing less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom