Audio Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
Well, I just bought a new gaming computer, and I have no sound yet. With so many options out now, I am interested in what you all have to say.

I am looking into a 7.1 surround speaker system from Creative (90watts), but here is the problem. I buy from newegg, and on the customer forums there they said that the system is not shipped with the correct cable. (You will only get 5.1 not 7.1) Does anyone know anything about this.

The next thing I heard is that the X-Fi card is not good for games, which is mainly what I am going to use it for besides DVDs, so I was just going to go with the old Audigy Platinum. That mysteriously rose in price to 202$ whereas the X-Fi is only 185$.
So I don't know what to do there.

Lastly, DVD players. I do not want to spend 100$ on a DVD player, and I do not want to buy two units. What do you think?

Thank you for your replies.

I havent heard the X-FI, but from the specs, it will most likely sound exactly the same other than some special hidden effects added to the sound to make it seem better. The audigy series is an awesome series. Also, turtle beach has had some good 7.1... in the past though. I dont know about now.

I'm guessing the reason for the higher price is because the X-FI isn't taking off as well as the audigy.

Crysalis said:
I havent heard the X-FI, but from the specs, it will most likely sound exactly the same other than some special hidden effects added to the sound to make it seem better. The audigy series is an awesome series. Also, turtle beach has had some good 7.1... in the past though. I dont know about now.

I'm guessing the reason for the higher price is because the X-FI isn't taking off as well as the audigy.

agreed

if you are missing the spdif connector, that ain't nothing but a simple rca connector. you probably have a few running around

the logitech will def sound better than the creative speakers but your looking to spend 150 more for the logitech z5500.

Well, I have just heared that there has been alot of problems with the X-Fi playing games. Some people have said that it actually slows down games.

I really do not want to spend 250$ on speakers. I do not need 550watts either since I am still in my parents house and they will not let me turn them up that loud anyway. What I wanted was a simple 100-200watt 7.1 or 5.1 surround system, and I can not seem to find one anywhere!

yea thats really smart i never can find time to turn my system up cause i still live with my parents. usually i have like couple of hours after school before my parents come home to crank it but w/e.

heres a good system and good price. http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/9701021403z5k3.html

280watt system with 100 watt sub was thinking about getting 2 of these instead but that would just be too complicated to hook up and adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom