Audio cutting out, need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me make a suggestion. Buy a PCI sound card Like Soundblaster Live or Audigy.....You'll be happy you did. Since you are not going to be reformating and re-installing, this is the cheapest way to go. Once you have installed the new sound card, boot up your puter into the CMOS (hit del key or F2) and find the integrated peripherals in the bios and disable the on-board sound. reboot the puter after hitting f10 (saving the bios) and then install the new drivers for the sound card when windows prompts yo to do so. I think you'll find that the mobo audio is failing and you will have much better audio performance and quality.

have you tried turning down your hardware acceleration? have it alway been like this?

eric...to answer your other question that i missed, no it hasn't always been like this. i've had the computer for 3 years. this problem just started a couple months ago.

Like I said previously, I thnk it's time for a small audio card investment. Go to www.newegg.com and check out come audio card prices. They, generally, have the best competitivie prices online.

I had the probelm once and when I installed the outboard sound card, it still had the same problem.

One other possible solution is to buy a second hard drive and install it as a slave and transfer all your data from you current drive to the slave. Then you can do a fresh install of windows on the old drive and all your stuff has been saved! As far as I'm concerned, no puter is remotely adequate without two hard drives................data back up it essential!!!!!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
One other possible solution is to buy a second hard drive and install it as a slave and transfer all your data from you current drive to the slave. Then you can do a fresh install of windows on the old drive and all your stuff has been saved! As far as I'm concerned, no puter is remotely adequate without two hard drives................data back up it essential!!!!!!!

that's probably the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom