Audio cable question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I have a tv tuner card. Hauppage WinTV USB. To get it to work on my computer, I need to plug in the [audio out] on the WinTV to the [mic in] on my Audigy 2.

Unfortunately, I lost the cable that came with the box. I need a male-male connector. The female slot on the WinTV is larger than the [mic in] female slot on the Audigy 2.

Do standard audio cables u buy from the store have different sized male connectors on the two sides?..

Thx.

Hey crysalis. but the other side of the connector cannot be of the same size. I plugged in a microphone (or tried to) to my WinTV, and it wouldn't fit. The female input is too large.

So the male-male connectors needs to be of different size.

Chankama said:
Hey crysalis. but the other side of the connector cannot be of the same size. I plugged in a microphone (or tried to) to my WinTV, and it wouldn't fit. The female input is too large.

So the male-male connectors needs to be of different size.

don't plug it to mic in, plug it to line in. an 1/8 to 1/8 male plug will work for this. or you can do it internally if you have the 4 wire analog sound wire. plug the line out of that to the aux in of the soundblaster

Edit. oh I see that you have the usb version, so you can't wire it internally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom