Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin44

Beta member
I recorded my friends wedding and there's a lot of wind noise on the recording, is there a program out there that would allow me to edit the sound in hopes of eliminating some of the wind noise so you can hear the ceremony? Thanks

Unfortunately, the only programs I know about that will let you do this are all moderately expensive (compared to your typical game, i.e probably $100-$1000+ depending on what you get) and have a moderately steep learning curve. In addition, unless the program comes with noise reduction effects, you might have to get additional effect "plug-in's" that could easily cost more than the base software depending on the quality of the plug-in. One final drawback is that even if you did invest in all of this stuff, you might not be able to get enough of the wind noise out of the sound without seriously degrading ALL of the sound quality.

If you still want to look for programs look at Adobe Audition (used to be Cool Edit Pro). It is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I used Cool Edit Pro for a while and I think it even came with built in noise reduction effects. Some other programs are Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk, and a TON of others... but these are more expensive and complicated (possibly with the exception of cakewalk... I haven't used that one). Check out the recording/software sections of www.musiciansfriend.com or www.sweetwater.com for a list of programs and "plug-in" effects.

Another viable option that you might look at is just hiring someone to do the work for you. You could probably convince someone to do it for less than you could buy the software... plus you wouldn't have to spend the time learning how to use all the software, much less figuring out how to use the noise reduction effects effectively so they don't make the audio you want to stay in the video sound bad.

Im sure that you could play with the EQ and tone it down some...I don't know about removing it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom