Audigy and SB game card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimvt74

Beta member
Can I install an Audigy sound card and a SB game/sound card on the same computer without screwwing things up?

I bought the newer Audigy thinking it was a game/sound card.

TIA

It depends on the Operating System. Vista and the new Windows 7 have no support for the game ports on those cards anymore. so you would need to be running XP in order for it to even work. But it should work just fine.

OK thanks I did install both and no problems.
Thanx.
No if I can figure out how to get my USB ports to work or get the right USB-PCI, I'm in hawg heaven

For the USB you will need to go to either the PC Manufacturers site or your mother board manufacturer's site and get what they call the chipset drivers. These are the drivers that control the USB ports as well. The proper drivers should get you rolling nicely.

OK tnx again.....tho I thought XP Sevice Pack 3 had the drivers in there.
I'm using a Gtwy Emachine which I'm not happy with and thier tech reps are useless.
After all the removal and reinstalling of the USB controllers (Intel USB 2.0 -
EHC-24CD) and a Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller 3X that doesn't seem to do anything....I'm unable to get any port to work.

Can you give me the make and model number. Someone will be able to at least try to find them for you. SP3 does have a lot of stuff. But people have to remember with the amount of devices out there, there is no way for Windows to have drivers for every piece of hardware. It would make Windows so large that you would need a multi layer BluRay Disk just to fit it all on there. ;)

Yo, Mak213.....The computer is Emachine Desktop T4697
Controllers - Std floppy,Primary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel, Standard Dual Channel PCI-IDE Controller.
Bus Adapters- Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enchanced Host Controller -24CD
Standard Universal PCI to USB PCI IDE Controller (3X)
Main Board is First Inter. VG33 PCB 1.X
Bios is Phoenix LTD IEX410H 07/29/03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom